Ventura College is making great progress in campus emergency preparedness improvements.
- Facilities, Maintenance & Operations are inspecting spaces for window coverings, effective door locks, and are addressing all safety concerns submitted through the Onuma Work Order system
- The Districtwide Emergency Preparedness Committee agreed to limit the ability to initiate the active shooter alert from a cell phone to a smaller group of employees. For those who will continue to have that capability through the app, a passcode is being enabled to limit accidental alerts and retraining will be scheduled.
- We are continuously working to improve our Emergency Preparedness efforts. We have created our quarterly Emergency Preparedness Newsletter to inform VC campus of safety initiatives and opportunities. Please see the link below for our latest newsletter.
In addition to the above steps, Ventura College (as part of a districtwide contract) is working with Ketaily Technical Consulting (KTC) to improve our emergency preparedness and a number of projects are already underway. Mike Ketaily has over 30 years of experience, including as a Fire Captain and an instructor at Oxnard College Fire Academy. We look forward to the improvements we can make in our preparedness under KTC’s expert guidance. Some of the projects KTC are helping us with are below.
- Bi-monthly IMT Tabletop exercises for VC Leadership re-starting in July 2023.
- Emergency preparedness presentation at the All Campus Retreat in September 2022.
- Monthly Incident Management Team (IMT) training and education which began in October 2022.
- Student worker emergency preparedness training in October 2022.
- Safety audit of Ventura College facilities beginning in November 2022.
Emergency procedures for Ventura College and the Ventura County Community College District are posted at the following link: Emergency Procedures
Those wanting to report a suspected crime or suspicious activity anonymously may do so through the Tip Line. Additional information is found at the following link: Tip Line
For more information on Emergency Procedures, EOC, Safety and Campus Safety Plans, please see the links below:
Important Emergency Operations Center, Procedure, Ops and Campus Safety Plan Links:
- VC Campus Safety Plan
- VC Emergency Ops Plan (EOC - Emergency Operations Center)
- District Website: Emergency Procedures
- Reporting Emergencies
- Reporting Safety Issues on Campus
To Report an Emergency within your Classroom, Office or Work Area
CALL CAMPUS POLICE / DISPATCH at:
- Ventura College: Police at (805) 289-6486